1825 - First Church
"The Brick Church" opens on the plot of land set aside in 1815 at the corner of Church and Trade streets. The house of worship, with the adjoining Settlers' Cemetery, is designed to practice not just one specific faith. Rather, it will be "non-denominational." When financial problems befall the Brick Church in 1830, Presbyterians will pay the debt and acquire the building. It will be home to Charlotte's First Presbyterian Church.