1856 - Women's Education

The Charlotte Female Institute opens to educate young women. The school building at the corner of Ninth and College streets will be used in 1896 to start Presbyterian College for Women. In 1912, the school will move to a suburban campus on Queens Road in the Myers Park neighborhood.
Charlotte Female Institute
Charlotte Female Institute

Table of Contents