1929 - Greek Community
Since around 1900, the Karnazes brothers have sold fruit at Charlotte's downtown crossroads, called the "Square." Families from foreign countries continue to come to America, or "immigrate." Now the city's Greek community is large enough to buy its own church building on South Boulevard. By 1954 the building will be too small, and the Greek Orthodox church will move to East Boulevard.