1978 - The Sixth Mecklenburg County Courthouse
During the 1970's and 1980's, the area bordered by Third Street and East Trade Street became a center for government and court buildings . . . The Sixth Mecklenburg County Courthouse opened at 800 East Fourth Street, the first county courthouse to be located off of either Trade or Tryon Streets.
- from Courthouses of Mecklenburg County, 1766-2007 (Mecklenburg County, 2007)