1989 - The Seventh Mecklenburg County Courthouse
"The Seventh Mecklenburg County Courthouse was dedicated on April 10, 1989. . . . An official public art project was located adjacent to the Courthouse Building. It featured the depiction of a courtroom scene using trees, shrubs, a fountain, and boulders to represent the judge, jury, defendant, attorneys, and spectators."
from Courthouses of Mecklenburg County, 1766-2007 (Mecklenburg County, 2007)