Mercy Hospital

Mercy Hospital
Mercy Hospital was founded by the Sisters of Mercy of Belmont, North Carolina in February 1906. Originally it was a twenty-five bed facility in a wooden building on East First Street behind St. Peter's Roman Catholic Church. The second facility, pictured here, opened in 1916 on East Fifth Street. Additions increased and by 1960, the hospital had a capacity of 300 beds.

Image Path: 
/sites/default/files/ncrImageGallery/CP_2004_04_525o.jpg
Image Year: 
1938
Physical Description: 
3 x 5 postcard
Format: 
Image Negative: 
0
Print: 
1
Table of Contents | Request Images