Movies, Movies, Movies!

The Carolina Theater opened its doors in 1927. Located on the corner of Tryon and Sixth Streets, the theater seated 1800 spectators. A Mediterranean motif, complete with antique Spanish furniture could be found throughout the theater and brought an exotic glamour to Charlotte. These shots were taken during the theater's early years of operation. Over the years, the theater fell into disrepair, but there is a concerted effort to restore this beloved landmark to its original glory.