The Power of a Cracker

Founded by Philip L. Lance in 1913, the Lance Corporation has become synonymous with the peanut butter cracker. Originally Lance sold his peanut goods door-to-door. His son-in-law, S. A. Van Every soon joined him. By 1926, the company moved to the facility on South Boulevard as seen here. Eventually the Lance Corporation moved to a large, more modern facility on Pineville Road and the company expanded its operations throughout the country.