United States Federal Courthouse and Post Office in Charlotte

Federal Buildings on West Trade Street
The Charles R. Jonas Federal Building is an historic two-story, limestone structure in the neo-classical design. Completed in 1915, it is located at 401 West Trade Street, in Charlotte. At various times it has served as a courthouse of the United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina, and a United States post office. In 1975, the building was renamed in honor of long-serving North Carolina Congressman Charles R. Jonas, and was transferred to the city in exchange for land in the fall of 2005. The city lease the building to the federal government for continued use.

Image Path: 
/sites/default/files/ncrImageGallery/CP_2012_04_551l_00.jpg
Image Year: 
1972
Physical Description: 
postcard packet
Format: 
Image Negative: 
0
Print: 
1
Publisher: 
Dexter Press
Photographer: 
Aerial Photography Services
Table of Contents | Request Images