Jean Grier
Jean Grier in 1932. Physical Description: Publisher: Unknown
Jean Grier in 1932. Physical Description: Publisher: Unknown
Opening on October 11, 1921, the second Masonic Temple in Charlotte was designed by Willard Rogers in the Egyptian Revival style. Prior to its dismantling and demolition, after First Union purchased the property in 1987, it was the last example of Egyptian Revival architecture in North Carolina. The first Masonic Temple in Charlotte was located on South Tryon Street and the corner of Second Street. Built in 1913, at a cost of $122.750, the building was designed by Charles Christian Hook and Willard G. Rogers. J.A. Jones was the construction company.
The Southern Manufacturing Club was located at the corner of West Trade and Poplar Streets. To the left is Mrs. Stonewall Jackson's House. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Unknown
Beatrice Waterman Calhoun's second grade picture in 1939. Physical Description: Publisher: Unknown
Daily activities are depicted on this postcard of Tryon Street looking South from the Square. Physical Description: 3x5 color Publisher: S H Kress
Built in 1774, the rock house of Hezekiah Alexander is the oldest standing home in Charlotte. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: E. C. Kropp Company
The Charlotte Sanatorium operated from 1907 to 1942. It was a general, 100 bed hospital, privately owned by thirty local doctors. The hospital was located on the southeast corner of Seventh and Church Streets. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Stone and Barringer Publishers
William T. Waterman at 9 months old. He was the son of Marion Waterman. Physical Description: Publisher: Unknown
Lakewood Park was located in west Charlotte. During the Great Depression, the park fell into disrepair and was eventually demolished. Physical Description: 3x5 color Publisher: S H Kress
Samuel Richardson, one of the first black firemen in Charlotte. Physical Description: 5x7 Publisher: Unknown