Dennis Apartments
H.D. Dennis Apartments at Hopedale and Granville Roads. Physical Description: 7 x 9 glossy Publisher: Unknown
H.D. Dennis Apartments at Hopedale and Granville Roads. Physical Description: 7 x 9 glossy Publisher: Unknown
Charlotte City Hall in 1891 was located at the corner of North Tryon and Fifth Streets. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy Publisher: Unknown
Located on Dilworth Road, The John Henry Phelan family of Beaumont, Texas donated the funds to build the Saint Patrick in loving memory of his parents, Patrick and Margaret Adele Phelan. Frank Frimmer, an Austrian native known for remodeling famous Old World churches, designed and supervised construction of the church, with its gray stucco face, 400-seat nave, balcony and 77-foot tall tower. The ground breaking took place on March 17, 1939.
Photograph of the town of Davidson, North Carolina taken around the turn of the century. Physical Description: 4x5 glossy
Publisher: White-Jetton Company, Druggists
Elizabeth College was an all girl's school located at the intersection of Elizabeth Avenue and Hawthorne Lane. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy Publisher: Unknown
Easter Sunrise Service at Freedom Park in Charlotte, North Carolina. Physical Description: 8x10, glossy Publisher: Unknown
Mayor Thomas L. Kirkpatrick (1877-1946) and the Charlotte Board of Alderman posed for this picture on January 11, 1916. Kirkpatrick is in the center. Kirkpatrick served as Charlotte’s mayor from 1915-1917. Also in the photograph is town attorney, Herriot Clarkson (1863-1942) who later served on the North Carolina Supreme Court. The city clerk is Arthur H. Wearn. (1872-1956).
Physical Description: 8x10 glossy Publisher: Unknown
Photographer John Moon.
Today, this senior citizen community is known as Aldersgate. At the time of its charter in 1943, it was called the Charlotte Methodist Home is located on Shamrock Drive in east Charlotte. It opened its doors in June 1948. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy Publisher: Unknown
The Law Building was once located at 730 East Trade Street. The building at 700 East Trade served as the Couunty Courthouse from 1927 to 1977.
Physical Description: 8x10, glossy - 4x5 negative
Publisher: Unknown
The Third Courthouse was located at Church and Trade Streets. Each of the tall, white columns were made from a single pine tree then stuccoed after being milled. It gave the appearance of marble. When the courthouse was torn down, no one recalled this fact, and the workers were surprised to discover perfectly preserved trees beneath the stucco. It was torn down in 1898. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy Publisher: Unknown