Gas Station
J.M. Haralson and Keely M. Grice Service Station No. 2 was located on the northwest corner of Morehead and Mint Streets in the 1920s.
J.M. Haralson and Keely M. Grice Service Station No. 2 was located on the northwest corner of Morehead and Mint Streets in the 1920s.
Temple Israel was formed in 1916. The first building was on W. 7th Street. In 1955, the synagogue moved to 1014 Dilworth Road. This building was demolished in the early 1990s when the congregation moved to new facilities at Shalom Park off of Providence Road.. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy Publisher: Unknown
Students in Miss Annabel Lambeth's Fifth Grade Class at College Street Elementary School. The school was located at 600-606. N. College Street. Physical Description: 8x10 mounted Publisher: Unknown
Elizabeth College Student. Elizabeth College was located on Hawthorne Road. It opened in 1896. This popular school for girls remained in Charlotte until 1915.The main building is now used by Presbyterian Hospital. Physical Description: Publisher: Unknown
Print of a postcard of the Fourth Courthouse and the Law Building.
The Wachovia Bank Building on South Tryon Street. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy Publisher: Unknown
Class photograph from College Street Elementary School. The school was located at 600-606 North College Street. Physical Description: 8x10 mounted Publisher: Unknown
Edith Van Gilluwe of New York was a Professor of Violin at Elizabeth. Located on Hawthorne Road, it opened in 1896. This popular school for girls remained in Charlotte until 1915 when the school relocated to Roanoke, Virginia. She later moved to Asbury Park, New Jersey where she continued to teach music.
Copy of a 1908 postcard featuring an aerial view of First Presbyterian Church.
Photograph of a water well at Rural Hill, Plantation. Rural Hill was the home of General William Lee Davidson, who died at the Battle of Cowan's Ford in 1781. Davidson College was named for the General. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy Publisher: Unknown