High School Students
Photograph of high school students. Unidentified.
Physical Description: 2 4x5 negatives
Publisher: Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County
Photograph of high school students. Unidentified.
Physical Description: 2 4x5 negatives
Publisher: Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County
Five Elizabeth College students pose under road signs that read Matthews - Providence 10 (miles) - 25 Monroe - 6 Sharon. The caption reads: Tired of livin!Elizabeth College was located on Hawthorne Road. It opened in 1896. This popular school for girls remained in Charlotte until 1915.
Physical Description: Original in scrapbook35 mm negative
Publisher:
Dr. Thomas Arthur Walker (1879-1939) ran Walker Drugstore at 332 North Tryon Street. Today, this building still stands on the corner of 8th and Tryon. The Fox & Hound Pub is located there.
Physical Description: 5 x 7
Publisher: Unknown
Charlotte Pipe and Foundry was established by Willis Frank Dowd, Dr. in 1900. It was located on Park Avenue.
Physical Description: Two - 4x5 negativesOne print - 8 x 10
Publisher: Charlotte Mecklenburg Library
Photograph of the Dedication of a stone marker for the D. H. Hill School which stood at South Boulevard and Morehead Street.To the right of the marker is D. H. Hill IV, Carolina Platt and D. H. Hill, III. To the left of the marker is a child (unknown), North Governor Angus McLean and Cornelia Fore, Charlotte's leading historian of her day. Her papers are housed in the Robinson-Spangler Carolina Room.To the far left, the bearded soldier is possibly named Mason, grandfather of Lillian Crosland. The granite boulder was manufactured by Piedmont Marble Company, and has since been lost.
Mayor F. Marion Redd and law partner, Leonidas L. Caudle in their law office in the Law Building that once stood on South Tryon Street.
Physical Description: 35 mm Negative
Publisher: Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County
Students posing beneath a large, shade tree. Caption reads, `Such a bunch!`Elizabeth College was located on Hawthorne Road. It opened in 1896. This popular school for girls remained in Charlotte until 1915. The main building is now used by Presbyterian Hospital.
Physical Description: Original in scrapbook35 mm negative
Publisher: Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County
Sheet music cover of the song `Pride of the South March: Dedicated to the Queen City Drum Corps of Charlotte, NC by Harvey Overcash. Framed print in the the Robinson-Spangelr Carolina Room Music Archives and the original sheet music is housed in the vault.
Physical Description: 4x5 negative
Publisher: Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County
View of Monroe Road from Highway of Mecklenburg (NCR 388.4)
Physical Description: 35 mm. negative, Original in book
Publisher: Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County
Elizabeth College students pose for a picture. First row: Lila. Second Row: Mary and Emma. Third Row: Hilda.Elizabeth College was located on Hawthorne Road. It opened in 1896. This popular school for girls remained in Charlotte until 1915.
Physical Description: Original in scrapbook35 mm. Negative
Publisher: Charlotte Mecklenburg Library