United States Assay Office (Mint)
United States Mint shortly before its demolition to make way for the new Post Office plans for expansion.
Physical Description: 35mm Negative
Publisher: Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County
United States Mint shortly before its demolition to make way for the new Post Office plans for expansion.
Physical Description: 35mm Negative
Publisher: Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County
Lake scene from Marie Isabelle Matson's scrapbook.Elizabeth College was located on Hawthorne Road. It opened in 1896. This popular school for girls remained in Charlotte until 1915. The main building is now used by Presbyterian Hospital.
Physical Description: Original in scrapbook35mm negative
Publisher: Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County
Group portrait of Charlotte Postal Workers.
Physical Description: 4x5 negative
Publisher: Charlotte Mecklenburg Library
Mecklenburg County family, name unknown.
Physical Description: 4x5 negative
Publisher: Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County
Elizabeth College student and young man on boat. Elizabeth College was located on Hawthorne Road. It opened in 1896. This popular school for girls remained in Charlotte until 1915.
Physical Description: Original in scrapbook35mm negative
Publisher: Charlotte Mecklenburg Library
Image is of two different subjects.The first image on top is of the funeral procession for Fire Chief J. Harvey Wallace, who was killed in an explosion on July 1, 1914.Below are members of the Charlotte Gun Club from the 1880s. Seated on the first row, from left to right: George A. Howell, Walter Brem, Walter Brem, Jr., E. R. Dodge, Charles M. Creswell, Frank Dowd, Sr. Standing John Carson, John W. Todd, Hamilton Justice, Colonel J. T. Anthony, Winston D. Adams, and Douglas Fox.
Physical Description: 4x5 negative
Dome of the Mecklenburg Courthouse at the corner of South Tryon and East 3rd Streets.
Physical Description: 35 mm Negative
Publisher: Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County
Couple in canoe. Caption reads, `Some more canoe-bial bliss.) Elizabeth College was located on Hawthorne Road. It opened in 1896. This popular school for girls remained in Charlotte until 1915.
Physical Description: Original in scrapbook35 mm. Negative
Publisher: Charlotte Mecklenburg Library
Photograph of the Dedication of a stone marker for the D. H. Hill School which stood at South Boulevard and Morehead Street.To the right of the marker is D. H. Hill IV, Carolina Platt and D. H. Hill, III. To the left of the marker is a child (unknown), North Governor Angus McLean and Cornelia Fore, Charlotte's leading historian of her day. Her papers are housed in the Robinson-Spangler Carolina Room.To the far left, the bearded soldier is possibly named Mason, grandfather of Lillian Crosland. The granite boulder was manufactured by Piedmont Marble Company, and has since been lost.
Mayor F. Marion Redd and law partner, Leonidas L. Caudle in their law office in the Law Building that once stood on South Tryon Street.
Physical Description: 35 mm Negative
Publisher: Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County